Blue Circle Rapid Set Mortar
A modified Portland cement based rapid set mortar containing calcium aluminate to give rapid hardening and setting properties:
- For non-structural repair and maintenance where rapid hardening is required, setting manholes, small patch render repairs, repointing.
- Light grey in colour when fully dry
- Sets soon after placing and gains strength rapidly to allow normal services to be brought back into operation in a working day
- Based on modified Portland cement.
- Contains calcium aluminate to give rapid setting and rapid hardening properties.
- At present there is no appropriate British Standard for this product.
- Blue Circle Rapid Set Mortar is manufactured under a certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Blue Circle Rapid Set Mortar is available in 5kg tubs throughout the United Kingdom.
This product should be stored unopened in cool conditions and should be stacked in a safe and stable manner. May be stored outdoors. Information on the maximum storage period can be found on the tub.
Conditions of Use
- Do not use when air temperature is below 5°C or greater than 30°C.
- Due to the rapid setting properties of Blue Circle Rapid Set Mortar, it is recommended that it is placed as soon after mixing as possible, and that mixing time is no longer than that required for thorough mixing.
- Normal open time for the ready mix is around 20-30 minutes, depending on weather conditions.
- Please see Product Data Sheet and our Builders Guide for more information.
Health & Safety
Contact between cement powder and body fluids (eg, sweat and eye fluids) may cause irritation, dermatitis or burns. For further information, including control of soluble hexavalent chromium, refer to the appropriate Tarmac Cement Health and Safety Information Sheets.
Submit your review